Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Omey Island, county Galway

Well!! My globetrotting was interrupted for nearly one whole year because of something called Coronavirus which doesn't actually affect spotted dogs at all but my humans insisted we stayed at home for most of the year. How boring is that?
Anyway, I finally persuaded them to come away to Connemara for a week just to get away for a bit. And, as compensation for cooping me up for so long, they let me bring along my friend, Theo, who belongs to a girl called Summer Fox.


Our first adventure was to a place called Omey Island, which was once inhabited but now is a desert island!It is normally an island but for a few hours every day, the tide goes out and you can walk (or even drive) over there across the sand. We walked and then walked around the island but we had to make sure we got back in time before the sea came in!!


An hour later and the sea came rushing in. Luckily we were up above in Sweeney's in Claghaduff.

No comments:

Post a Comment